Sunday, March 16, 2008

Ancient Healing

I love television infomercials and hard-sells for quack products. Favorites include Head-On!, the voice recorder key chain/magnet and that juicer I almost bought in a lunesta-induced virtual shopping trip. I have now completed my usual infomercial cycle with The Kinoki Foot Pads spot. For those of you who haven't seen it:


So my reaction to the Kinoki Foot Pads spot is as follows:
1. I laugh - the production quality and the 'ancient gardens' are beauties
2. I start to think about how many toxins could be running around my body... should I just get them? Right?
3. I am now scared. What IS that black stuff on her feet?

And here we are. I am NOT getting the Kinoki Foot Pads and am no longer afraid. I have decided that this 'ancient healing' infomercial is just rude.

No comments: