Sunday, March 2, 2008

Taxi TV



I really cherish quiet time in the back of a taxi. The NYC Taxi TV system is really killing me. The auto-play always startles me and the "news" is always the same local entertainment piece reminding me to 'check it out'. Don't get me wrong, I love the map feature but last night, M.B. and I found ourselves watching a girl dressed up like a police officer giving tourists tickets for walking too slow.

Of course I can see how the TV is a welcome distraction and can ameliorate many awkward moments in the back of taxis with friends, family, co-workers, etc. Now I find myself riding over the bridge, happy for the time alone and having to tune out the blaring TV. I'll have to keep asking for my own car at work. How rude!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

totally! that thing is so annoying. add the fact that if i really look at it then i'll get sick from the cab slamming on the breaks and me looking down trying to concentrate on the screen. how rude, indeed.

i always turn it on 'mute'